Sunday, March 18, 2007

What a Week.....

I've had at work! I could tell my stress level was way up there, because on Friday I was just wiped out! Not only am I the manager over the front office, I am also the manager over Medical Records. What a challange Medical Records is! I'm about to step down from being manager, period! The Med Info Tech the person in Medical Records,is fairly new, she has been with us for less then six months and she is already going to give here two week notice. I had the hardest time getting her to take a lunch hour. Finally, I had to put my foot down and tell her if she didn't start taking her lunch hours that I would get in trouble for approving her time cards without them. I told her since I have never really worked in medical records I needed her to write down what she is doing and how long it is taking her so I can try to get her some help. She doesn't want to do that, she doesn't want to be micromanaged! That wasn't what I was trying to do, I was trying to get the office to understand that she needs some help, so now she is going to give her two week notice. Then on Thursday morning I want in and the whole front office had been rearranged without my knowledge! That just pushed me over the edge and Lisa the back office manager got to hear my ranting, but I'm over that now and I left it like they had arranged it, but they better never complain to me again about things being down on our work counters! By the end of the week I was ready to step down from my position. Poor Larry like to have never heard the end of it. Now tomorrow, the front office is going to be short staffed and the medical reacords person is going to be off. So I don't have an extra person to put back in medical records so I called Lisa the manager over the nurses and she is going to be short a nurse on Monday, so I won't get anyone from her either. I'ts going to be an interesting Monday. This position definatly has its challanges!

Yesterday I went to Brown County to Lisa's,Ralph's fiance, bridal shower. There were alot of people there. She received a lot of nice gifts but no lingere. Which I think is good. Its better to get things you need when your starting a new home. Then I went to Marylin's and she got to hear about my week at work and other things. When I got home Larry had dinner fixed and Joelle White and her family came over for dinner. We ate dinner and then we played Uno Attack. We had a good time! Uno Attack is a good family game because their two kids got to play with us too.

I'm going to church today. I haven't been to church for three weeks so I'm looking forward to it! Gotta go!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds crazy at work!

I'm glad Lisa's bridal shower went good, and who says you don't need lingerie. :)

Love ya & miss ya tons

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a VERY challenging week. I hope this week was better.