Thursday, August 9, 2007

Uncle Gene

My dear sweet Uncle Gene passed away last Friday morning. Marylin called me at work and told me. He had had Lukemia for years and it had been in remission, but it came back and he got really bad again. He was in his early 80's. He was the last of my Mom's siblings. I am so glad we spent the last couple of Christmas's with him and Aunt Sugar! When I turned 50 him and Aunt Sugar came to my 50th birthday party! That meant so much to me! The funeral was on Monday and I didn't have to work at all that day.

One thing I know in my heart is I don't have any regrets about not visiting my Uncle Gene and Aunt Sugar because I feel I did the best I could with raising a family and now with all the traveling we do with all of our kids being out of town. I think we do pretty good with keeping up on visiting people with the distance between us all!

Oh well! I'm gonna write a happy blog now!

No comments: